Sunday, September 20, 2009



Christopher Stuart
"Shady Side of a Muggy Day"
10x10, oil/linen panel
2009

ok, brian- so this is a painting i did while in south carolina.  it's from that day when your faculty meeting was pushed back, so you couldn't make it to paint with us.  let me first tell you that it was really muggy and the bugs were biting like crazy.  we were less than 50 yards from a gator filled swamp (which scared the crap out of me, btw).  the light that day was so bright it created a bit of a haze. i tried to capture that feeling as well as i could.  i kept this one very simple. i haven't posted this one yet as i have been going back on forth on it.  some days i love it, and others, i am tempted to paint in some more info on the left. would love to hear your thoughts.

i'm working on a 30x24. most complex painting i have ever attempted.  excited for you to see the results. it's going well so far. my goal with it is to push the abstraction as well as the specificity. i talked to you about this in sc. i'm giving it a go.

6 comments:

Perceptual Painters Collective said...

Don't touch it!

It actually is my favorite one you've done so far.

Keep up the good work.

Christopher and Rachel said...

thanks. maybe i should start painting around more gators!

Brian Rego from perceptualpainters.com said...

well, it seems as though you work well when your life depends on it.

Christopher and Rachel said...

:]

Robin Weiss said...

Hey guys! I was looking through some old posts on my blog and ran across a comment by cstuartblog asking about my PA painting rig...would be happy to give you any info you want!

This is the best painting I have seen in awhile! Fantastic light in this! Love "The Hay Loft" as well!

Hope you don't mind if I link you to my site. Would also like to subscribe when you get that set up...

Nice work!
RW

Caio Fern said...

it is great to have found your blog .
good works here .